Re: [Evolution] unable to save read port

On Sun, 2022-07-03 at 23:43 +0000, Kevin T wrote:
Thanks Pete,

On this list we prefer you not to top post and not to use HTML.  And
it's much better if you reply only to the list and not do "reply all".

It would also be very useful if you could tell us what version of
Evolution this is.

this is what yahoo says it should be set to.

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
 * Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
 * Port - 993
 * Requires SSL - Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
 * Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
 * Port - 465 or 587
 * Requires SSL - Yes
 * Requires authentication - Yes
Your login info
 * Email address - Your full email address (name domain com)
 * Password - Generate App Password
 * Requires authentication - Yes

I'm surprised Yahoo tells you to use an App Password - I thought they
used OAuth2 almost exclusively. Are you generating a new App Password
for Evolution?

As far as stable OS's go, the work uses rhel (centos), that is what I
chose.  I will happily listen to others views on stable OS.

As I said, not really the place here, but I have now had three machines
get themselves in an unusable state with Stream 8 (out of 20 or so).
And if you need to use RHEL, then CentOS Stream is not really
comparable as it never really matches the RHEL point releases. If you
need to use a RHEL clone, then use Rocky or Alma or Oracle. Personally,
I've been using Rocky and it seems to be stable.

P.