Re: [Evolution] unable to save read port

On Mon, 2022-07-04 at 00:06 +0000, Richard wrote:
.

Richard,  yes the 'app password' from yahoo did the trick.
Generating the app password and using it to 'access' the server
worked.  Same password for imap and smtp.

the version of evolution is, 3.28.5

thanks all

Kevin

Date: Sunday, July 03, 2022 23:43:01 +0000
From: Kevin T via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>

reading the mail is still not working.=A0 keeps popping up the
password entry form.=A0=A0 I know the password is correct as i used
it to get to yahoo mail via firebird on the centos box.=A0 I =
retyped
the password numerous times.=A0=A0 I tried using the full email
address and just the email without the domain.=A0 I tried changing
the imap to imaps.=A0 all attemps fail the same. this is what yahoo
says it should be set to.

Do you mean "firefox", i.e., accessing your yahoo mail via their
webmail interface?

   > to get to yahoo mail via firebird on the centos box

I believe that when using 3rd-party email clients Yahoo now requires
that you either set up and use a yahoo "app password", or OAuth 2. I
don't think that using the yahoo site-password will work any longer
with a 3rd-party mail client.