Re: [Evolution] Debugging folder-related problems: sometimes missing, and unable to expunge

On Thu, 2022-01-27 at 08:42 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
Except it would be still interesting to know why it did not pair the
Deleted Items with the real trash folder.

        Hi,
for what it's worth, I've got an access to an account, which seems to
exhibit similar behavior as you see. I cannot call the expunge there,
to test also that part, but I see the folder list similarities.

When you look on the attached image, then there are three trash-like
folders, namely: "Deleted Items" (which has the regular folder icon),
then the smudged folder with the trash bin icon (two folders above the
"Junk-E-Mail" folder) and then the third "Trash" folder at the very
bottom, also with the regular folder icon. The folder with the trash
bin icon is in a localized form, not in English. I verified in the log
that the folder matches the folder ID the server returns for the
"deleteditems" distinguished folder name. That's the only folder the
Expunge should work in, the one with the trash bin icon. I cannot
verify it here, unfortunately. It's also the folder the deleted
messages in Evolution will be moved to.

You can also notice that there are 2 Drafts folders (one with icon and
one not, the one with the icon is with a localized name) and also 3
Sent Items-like folders.

That being said, I believe the matching of the Trash/Deleted Items
folder is done correctly on the evolution-ews side, it matches what the
server returns. Why the server returns multiple similarly-named folders
I do not know.
        Bye,
        Milan