Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

Dnia 16.08.2022 o godz. 23:24:37 Patrick O'Callaghan pisze:

Spam filtering is under the control of the receiver. It's trivial to
tell Gmail that a message is not spam, and it will learn that for
future reference.

It does not. Myself I have two test accounts on Gmail, I send myself mail
from time to time to these accounts, mark it as non-spam, yet next messages
are again going to spam.

You might also look at *why* your mail is being
classified as spam. Could it be that some people have marked it as
such?

All this has been already tried and discussed countless times. I have
written a lot about this on "mailop" mailing list. It is going on for more
that two years now. I don't want to start this discussion again here, as it
is just pointless. Believe me, I have tried everything that was possible.
I even managed to contact some guy from Google via that list, who - although
not directly (if he admitted that directly, he'd probably been fired) -
confirmed that it just works so and they can't do anything about it.

Also when I described my problem, several other people wrote that they're
experiencing exactly the same.

It's a domain reputation thing. The main issue is they don't take into
account that "eu.org" is a public domain like ".com" or ".net" and anybody
can register their domain under *.eu.org. They just consider the whole
"eu.org" to be one domain, so if there are any spams from any *.eu.org
domain, it counts towards the whole "eu.org" domain. This is nonsense as
this is exactly the same as if a few spamming *.com domains damaged the
reputation of any other *.com domain - but it's just how Google works and
they don't plan to change it.

The only thing that works for me is sending from another domain. And I do it
sometimes if I want to be sure my mail gets delivered to Google. But this is
actually like admitting defeat in fight with this moloch that Google is. My
original mail address has become unusable with regard to sending to Google -
I have to use another one.

The number of false positives I've had is so small that I actually
never bother to check my spam folder any more as there's no point.

And that's the problem for people like me who get "punished" for
don't-know-what by Google - people like you, who believe that "Google just
can't be wrong", so there's no sense in checking the spam folder. Yes, it
*can* be wrong, yes, it *is* wrong so many times that the number *is*
significant for some senders. Or for some recipients, as my other example
with the organization's account shows. How do you explain that mail from
random Google accounts, send first time to our organization's account (also
at Gmail), land with ca. 50% probability in spam? Here at least actually I'm
in control and I can just regularly check the spam folder for messages that
shouldn't be there (and I do). With sending, I have no option other than
use a different email address.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa