Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 23:45 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list
wrote:
Dnia 16.08.2022 o godz. 22:37:23 Patrick O'Callaghan pisze:
And the free version of Gmail has by far the best spam filtering
I've
come across. In fact I don't even bother with Bogofilter or
Spamassassin any more.

Well, it's "too good". All mails from my address usually go to spam
at
Gmail, no matter what I try. I also manage some organization's mail
account
that is hosted on Gmail (free) and it happens regularly on that
account that
mails with questions from people who want to get involved with the
organization land in spam folder. They even often are mails from
other Gmail
addresses!

I am sick of Gmail because of this.

Spam filtering is under the control of the receiver. It's trivial to
tell Gmail that a message is not spam, and it will learn that for
future reference. You might also look at *why* your mail is being
classified as spam. Could it be that some people have marked it as
such?

The number of false positives I've had is so small that I actually
never bother to check my spam folder any more as there's no point.

poc