Re: [Evolution] help understanding a section of evolution log

On Fri, 2022-04-22 at 07:36 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
when the IMAP account has set to use a real Junk folder (see the
account Properties->Defaults tab), then, any message marked as spam
is
moved to that folder, regardless where the message is stored (except
of
the spam and trash folders). The libcamel (a library Evolution uses
for
mail) has no idea about special purpose of the "All Mail" folder.

You can avoid the move when you disable real Junk folder in the
account
properties. Then you'll see two Junk/Spam folders, one from the
server,
the other one a virtual folder, which collects spam from the other
folders of the account. Such change may or may not need a restart of
the Evolution.

I have tried this and I think that unfortunately the cure is is
incomplete, though at least not presenting randomly.

When I unset "Use a Real Folder for Junk" I end up seeing two copies of
each spam message in the evolution "Junk" folder that ends up holding
the spam. This in itself is not a problem since two copies of something
I'm not going to read is just a factor of zero. However, the issue of
the error message from the the server remains, just deferred until the
point when I purge the "Junk" folder. I have tried unsetting the "Copy
folder content locally for offline operation" on the "Spam" folder that
is the subscription to the server's spam folder since this looked
promising, but it made no difference to either of these behaviours.

What I see in the log when I "Empty Junk" is the following.

```
[imapx:A] checking/storing on flags '\DELETED'
[imapx:A] adding command, format = 'UID STORE '
[imapx:A] uidset add '25485'
[imapx:A]  start
[imapx:A] adding command, format = '%u'
[imapx:A] got gint '25485'
[imapx:A] adding command, format = ' %tFLAGS.SILENT (%t)'
[imapx:A] completing command buffer is [40] 'UID STORE 25485 +FLAGS.SILENT (\DELETED)'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_server_process_command_sync: (nil) () ~> 0x<xxxxxxxxx> (SYNC_CHANGES)
[imapx:A] Starting command ( literal) A00133 UID STORE 25485 +FLAGS.SILENT (\DELETED)
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00133 UID STORE 25485 +FLAGS.SILENT (\DELETED)'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00133 NO operation not allowed for 'All Mail' folder'
[imapx:A] Got completion response for command 00133 'SYNC_CHANGES'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_server_process_command_sync: 0x<xxxxxxxxx> ~> (nil); success:1 local-error:[null]
result:NO status-text:'operation not allowed for 'All Mail' folder'
[imapx:A] Unmark connection 0x<xxxxxxxxx> (server:0x<xxxxxxxxx>) busy after failure, error: Error syncing
changes: operation not allowed for 'All Mail' folder
```

So I guess the question is how to signal to the server to delete the
spam without getting it to delete from "All Mail".

I think possibly related is that when I delete messages I get a similar
error with the server complaining about the action.

```
[imapx:A] I/O: '* 21942 EXPUNGE'
[imapx:A] got untagged response
[imapx:A] Have token 'EXPUNGE' id 21942
[imapx:A] ignoring untagged expunge: 21942
[imapx:A] I/O: '* 21942 EXPUNGE'
[imapx:A] got untagged response
[imapx:A] Have token 'EXPUNGE' id 21942
[imapx:A] ignoring untagged expunge: 21942
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00623 NO list message build: no such api id'
[imapx:A] Got completion response for command 00623 'REFRESH_INFO'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_server_process_command_sync: 0x<xxxxxxxxx> ~> (nil); success:1 local-error:[null]
result:NO status-text:'list message build: no such api id'
[imapx:A] Unmark connection 0x<xxxxxxxxx> (server:0x<xxxxxxxxx>) busy after failure, error: Error scanning
changes: list message build: no such api id
```

What I'm hoping for is to understand this well enough that I can go
back to the developers of the server with suggestions for how they can
address this so that it works correctly, or at least better.

thanks
Dan