Re: [Evolution] Send messages as plain text to select recipients

On Tue, 2021-08-31 at 18:18 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2021-08-31 at 17:50 +0200, Vincent Hennebert via evolution-
list
wrote:
I’m wondering how to enforce that setting then?

        Hi,
it's tricky. To have it working, you need to have the recipients
auto-
completed from the address book, using the contact with the "Wants
HTML" set (in case you've the contact in multiple address books).
Only
after that the composer verifies whether the HTML format is fine for
all the recipients. When you reply or create a new message for the
contact, the address is not auto-completed, thus the question is not
shown.

The "Wants HTML" option doesn't change the compose format, it only
works as a reminder when the message is about to be sent.

Thanks Milan for the explanation. Is there any reason for checking the
setting only in auto-completion? IOW, is it worth filing an enhancement
request?

If you want to play with it more, I'd suggest to try Edit-
Preferences
->Composer Preferences->Sent through Outbox, which will pile the
messages into the On This Computer/Outbox, instead of sending them
immediately, where you can review what is sent and eventually correct
things in it when needed.

Good to know, thanks!

Vincent