Re: [Evolution] gmail imapx extremely slow?

At the moment my email is fast again.  It's pretty clearly something on
the server side.  Which means I'm unlikely to ever be able to resolve
it and will have to wait and see if Google does something about it.
Sigh.

I have a vague recollection that Gmail throttles IMAP connections in
times of high usage to prioritise the web interface - certainly O365
does that.

You also have to remember that Gmail IMAP has its own ideas about life,
especially when it comes to folder subscriptions, or, indeed, what a
folder is.

P.