Re: [Evolution] gmail imapx extremely slow?

On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 19:12 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 22:58 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Do you have IMAPX enabled for the account?

Yes, it's an "imapx" account type and I have Quick Resync enabled (I
don't know of gmail supports it though) and also "listen for server
change notifications" is checked.

        Hi,
Gmail doesn't support Quick-Resync extension at the moment.

I have "Check for new messages in all folders" unchecked, but "check
for new messages in subscribed folders" checked.  I'm not sure what
would happen if I unchecked that; the docs are not really clear about
exactly what that means and how these options interact.

The Inbox is always checked, the rest are there to tweak which folders
are checked and which not. When I open folder Properties (context menu
in the folder tree), I see there "Always check for new mail in this
folder"; I'd guess your version has it too. Then you can turn off check
for new mail in the subscribed folders and set only few folders for the
automatic check.

Oddly I have "show only subscribed folders" unchecked, and yet I only
see my subscribed folders not my unsubscribed folders.

That's really odd. The folder can disappear when it's unsubscribed, but
the next start it'll appear. It's an old bug, though a hard one to
address, because it means to expose an option specific to IMAP in
Evolution, which is rather bad. Or it should be done somehow in IMAPx,
I do not know.

        Bye,
        Milan