Re: [Evolution] gmail imapx extremely slow?

On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 22:11 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Click on Folder->Subscriptions and uncheck the Sent folder. You may
also want to disable that folder in Gmail's IMAP settings.

I thought about that but then I'd have to resubscribe it by hand to use
it.  I do actually use my Sent folder once or twice a week or so;
sometimes more often, so this is inconvenient.  But, maybe it's the
best compromise.

What I'd really like is a setting that says, "never update this folder
automatically but when I visit it, update it then".  Or even, a per-
folder setting for the "Check new messages every N minutes" option so I
can have some of my bigger folders like "Sent" only checked every hour
or few hours while still being able to get my Inbox mail more
immediately.

Also I have folders which are never automatically delivered into, they
are only updated when I explicitly move stuff there; I don't need those
to be checked in the background.

But really, I'm surprised that so much effort needs to be spent to
check these folders when they change only pretty rarely.  I had thought
that the newer IMAP servers provided a way to just return new messages
since a given message ID or something like that.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Cheers!