Re: [Evolution] gmail imapx extremely slow?

On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 16:56 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that accessing gmail via imapx from Evolution
has gotten extremely slow a number of times over the last week or so?
Sometimes it's fine, then it will be unbearable for a few hours (or
more), then it seems fine again.

Probably it doesn't matter but FYI, I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 with
Evolution 3.36.4.

I have two gmail addresses; one a personal address and one a
corporate
address.  The personal account is fine: no problems.

But the corporate address is ridiculous.  I'll add below a log of
imapx:io where it took 30 seconds to download and display one,
relatively small, message.

I also have both a personal and a corporate account. Neither is showing
any problems.

Also I've noticed that Evolution seems to be constantly rescanning
all
my folders, including ones that are VERY large like my gmail "Sent"
folder, and this rescan takes forever.  Is there some setting I
should
use to reduce this?  I only need to check for NEW messages, I don't
need to rescan all the already-known messages in the folder; isn't
that
possible?

Actually I'd be happy enough to NEVER automatically scan my Sent
folder
and only retrieve it when I actually visit it (which is rarely).  Can
that be done?

Click on Folder->Subscriptions and uncheck the Sent folder. You may
also want to disable that folder in Gmail's IMAP settings.

poc