Re: [Evolution] Auto Select First Message in List

I tend to just click twice on the read/unread indicator at the left -
the first click marks it unread, which clears the delete, then the
second marks it read again. Damn sight easier than navigating menus!

That won´t work unless you set "Show Deleted Messages" and don´t use a
real Trash folder.

I do have "Show Deleted Messages", yet if I delete a message it
disappears from the list a second or two later (not instantly). This is
on a Gmail account where "Use a Real Folder for Deleted Messages" is
also set - the Trash being on the Gmail server.

Ah yes, I forgot you use Gmail - it has it's own ideas about what
should happen because of the "labels" = "IMAP folders" thing.

IOW "Show Deleted Messages" doesn't actually mean what it says unless
certain conditions are met, and undeleting a message involves visiting
the Trash folder manually and restoring it from there.

The deleted message behaviour revolves around the IMAP flags - for a
message to show in the list it actually has to be in the folder (i.e.
not moved to a real trash) and if the message has the Deleted flag set
it will either not be shown or shown with a line through. So presumably
Gmail interprets the "Set Deleted Flag" IMAP operation as being "Label
as Trash" and so only shows the message in the Trash folder.

(BTW, I realise you probably know this, but it might help someone who
doesn't)

P.