Re: [Evolution] Auto Select First Message in List

On Thu, 2021-07-08 at 21:50 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
On Thu, 2021-07-08 at 11:41 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I'd vote for that. I sometimes hit the Del key when looking at some
other window without realizing that Evo has focus, thus deleting a
message. It can be recovered of course but it's annoying.

That wouldn't happen if you would use the GUI option
"select windows when the mouse moves over them."
Of course then when you do some little thing in Windows
you have to relearn to click before you type all the time...

That is the problem. I'm looking at some other window but the mouse has
wandered into an Evo window which is therefore the focus, so hitting
Del deletes a message when I don't mean to. Obviously Evo can't read my
mind, but it could be easier to undo the action if it was in error.

poc