Re: [Evolution] Auto Select First Message in List

On Tue, 2021-07-06 at 09:44 -0600, larry wrote:
On Tue, 2021-07-06 at 11:29 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2021-07-05 at 06:47 -0400, Geek wrote:
When selecting a folder or starting evolution, the first message
in
the list is highlighted but not selected. If you try to delete,
nothing happens. You must first select (click or tap) on the
message to delete it. If autoselected, you should be able to
delete
the first message without selecting it first.
I agree that highlighting without selecting is confusing. I often
hit
an arrow key to move to the next message and instead find myself
moving to the next folder. I find this very counter-intuitive.

On the other hand, highlighting the title of the email that was
selected the last time you were in a folder is, IMO, a good thing.

Certainly, but I would prefer it to be selected as well as highlighted,
especially as it was selected when you last visited that folder. I
don't really see why it doesn't work like this.

If the colour of the highlight was different than the 'selected'
highlight, you would know that you were looking at that one
previously, but that it is not selected now.

Again, I donĀ“t understand the use case for this, but maybe my workflow
is different from other people's.

poc