Re: [Evolution] Auto Select First Message in List

On Thu, 2021-07-08 at 09:09 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2021-07-07 at 12:57 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
Unless there is a good reason, I'll plan on submitting a feature
request to allow Delete to work anyplace where Ctrl-D works.

        Hi,
I would not do that. In fact, there were ideas to disable the Delete
key completely, because it's not used anywhere else. Eventually to
enable it in all views, though I'd not do that too. It's a too common
key, which can be used for other purposes (like when entering text to
the Search entry, but also many others) and it is a pain to filter
such
keys out when needed. The code in the mail view is the prove.

I'd vote for that. I sometimes hit the Del key when looking at some
other window without realizing that Evo has focus, thus deleting a
message. It can be recovered of course but it's annoying.

Alternatively, make undeleting easier using a shortcut, e.g. Shift-Del,
but I think that would be a good deal harder to implement.

poc