Re: [Evolution] Evo asking for password AGAIN ( also replying to Angel)

On Sun, 2021-01-17 at 20:44 +0100, Ángel wrote:
Albeit hopefully redundant, I would recommend a reboot afterwards,
to ensure that if it is set to run on login by your distro
configuration, it does indeed start

There are some exceptions when a reboot is useful. Actually it's
usually possible to even then avoid a reboot, but it could be much work
to realise avoiding issues and/or taking changes into account without a
reboot, e.g. real-time process related side effects or kernel upgrades
come to mind. However, most of the times a log out and log in does the
trick, e.g. if you add a user to a group or to apply a user session
autostart.

I'm not a LXDE user, but an openbox (no DE at all) user.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME/Keyring

I'm using lightdm. If I retrieve or send emails with Evolution
immediately after starting a user session by lightdm, I'm not asked for
a password at all. If I wait a little bit, I need to provide the user
password one time, before retrieving or sending emails, but after that
never ever again, even if I close and restart Evolution.

I didn't read the whole thread, I just noticed that it's a very long
thread.

Did you already mention how you start your user session? Are you using
a display manger at all?