Re: [Evolution] Evo asking for password AGAIN ( also replying to Angel)

On Fri, 2021-01-15 at 08:48 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2021-01-14 at 18:20 -0600, Christopher Marlow wrote:
How do I reenable gnome keyring and whats the next step?

      Hi,
restart the machine and it'll start as usual.

I mentioned it several times here and you seem to not care of it, but
do use seahorse application to check what the keyring looks like
(locked/unlocked and so on). It also may start the
gnome-keyring-daemon.

You did not mention how you start the gnome-keyring-daemon after
login.
Does it do that on its own, or you've a special autostart file for
it,
or...? You can have a very lame autostarter, which is far from being
secure, when you start the keyring and unlock it by some "password"
like this:

   $ echo password | gnome-keyring-daemon --login --daemonize

which some desktops can do for you after login, but that yours
doesn't
seem to do it or you restart the keyring daemon later after login.
      Bye,
      Milan

Well things have taken a different spin now...

I had to nuke and pave my computer ( reformat my computer ) due to YAST
getting messed up from changing DE's,  and I reinstalled Open SUSE with
just LXQT on here.

And now when I open Evolution I see this error message in the terminal:

(evolution:1590): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: 10:40:33.428:
credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed to store source
credentials: No such interface “org.freedesktop.Secret.Collection” on
object at path /org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login

I am guessing that means seahorse or gnome keyring is not installed and
so it has no where to store the password?

Chris
--
Thanks,
Chris