Re: [Evolution] Evolution Flatpak build

On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 10:06 -0500, Japhering, Anonymous via evolution-
list wrote:
        "runtime": "org.gnome.Platform",
-       "runtime-version": "3.38",
+       "runtime-version": "3.36",
        "sdk": "org.gnome.Sdk",

Yes, changed all 3 appearances of 3.38 to 3.36

        Hi,
I didn't mean all the 3 occurrences, I meant just that one, at the top
of the file, as suggested above. Weird I see only two "3.38" (quotes
for clarity only) in the .json file. You do not want to change the
branch names, keep them "gnome-3-38".

That's where I start getting lost. The json file has no reference to
evolution-alarm-notify

That's correct, it should not mention it, it's part of the evolution-
data-server, whose build failed.

So there is a config-opts for each module.

Yes, the .json file, the Flatpak manifest, is a cook book how to build
an application. It contains dependencies to be built - the modules.

I tried putting the line in both the libcanberra module and the
evolution-data-server config-opts.

That won't do anything with the libcanberra, it's for evolution-data-
server and evolution.

Neither location prevents the download attempt for the libcanberra
repo which results in the "fatal: dumb http transport does not
support shallow capabilities" error.

Ah, I forgot to mention that, you should remove the libcanberra build
completely, when you switch to 3.36 runtime (it does contain it
already). You do not need to do any other changes in the .json file, no
need for ENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF, just the opposite, do not add it there.

As I write this, a gnome-3.36 base version is building.  Once it
finishes, I'll see if making the same set of changes will allow a
3.38 version to build as well.

Hmm, if you mean with disabled canberra support for evolution, then I
caused a build break with my recent changes when the libcanberra is not
provided. This had been discovered by a user and is tracked (with a
patch provided) here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/merge_requests/65

To summarize:
a) start the build from scratch (remove old artifacts)
b) as you cannot build the libcanberra, do remove it from the .json
   file and switch the "runtime-version" to "3.36". Keep the rest of
   the .json file as is, thus you build the 3.38 version, not 3.36.
c) continue with the build process as outline here:
   https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak

That should make it work and the Help->About should mention 3.38.x.

I'm still lost why you cannot download the libcanberra sources. That's
the error you get about, right? Maybe you've "https everywhere" enabled
somehow somewhere. The site has only http://, not https:// (otherwise
I'd use https:// there).

        Bye,
        Milan