Re: [Evolution] Evolution Flatpak build

On Sat, 2020-09-26 at 19:14 -0500, Japhering, Anonymous via evolution-
list wrote:
I suggest to use the 3.36 version, instead of the 3.38 version (and
remove the libcanberra from the Flatapk manifest (.json file)).

So removing the stanza for libcanberra from the .json file results in
this:

did you _also_ change the runtime from 3.38 to 3.36? It doesn't seem
you did, according to the error message you gave.

        "runtime": "org.gnome.Platform",
-       "runtime-version": "3.38",
+       "runtime-version": "3.36",
        "sdk": "org.gnome.Sdk",

And as of the writing of this email, I can find the appropriate
CMakeLists.txt file to disable canberra..

Would you point me in the right direction, please?

You do not need it. The error message tells you what to do:

Necessary libraries not found or not enough version.  If you want
to disable Canberra-GTK for sound in evolution-alarm-notify, please
use -DENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF argument to cmake command.

Specifically the last line. I hope so, at least. It's harder to find
where to write it in the Flatpak manifest, no doubt. The place is here:

   "config-opts": [
+       "-DENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF",
        "-DDBUS_SERVICES_PREFIX=org.gnome.Evolution",
        "-DENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=fcntl",
        "-DENABLE_DOT_LOCKING=OFF",

The diff-like comments mean the changes to be done, where the '-' lines
are to be removed and the '+' lines are to be added (without that
leading '+'). You'd need to add that "-DENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF", also
above the "-DENABLE_AUTOAR=OFF", for the evolution.

All these things are to be done in the Flatpak manifest, in the
org.gnome.Evolution-stable.json in your case (I suppose).

I suggest to start from scratch. Do `ls -la` in the directory you build
the Flatpak application in and remove all the directories there
(there's one hidden too). Remove also the json file. Or remove the
build directory all together. After that create the build directory
again and start from the top of the Flatpak build page, just copy&paste
the commands, there's no need to change anything from there. Really do
copy&paste, maybe you can do, the same as I do all the time, typos
while rewriting the commands, thus do copy&paste. I know the steps work
flawlessly when followed by copy&paste.

In case you'll still see the problem with the libcanberra and runtime
3.38 I suggest to change to the 3.36 runtime (as shown at the very top
of this message). Do delete the build folders (`ls -la`) after the
runtime change, to avoid using the old/obsolete build artifacts.
        Bye,
        Milan