Re: [Evolution] Evolution Flatpak build

On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 09:23 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Sat, 2020-09-26 at 19:14 -0500, Japhering, Anonymous via
evolution-
list wrote:
I suggest to use the 3.36 version, instead of the 3.38 version
(and
remove the libcanberra from the Flatapk manifest (.json file)).

So removing the stanza for libcanberra from the .json file results
in
this:

did you _also_ change the runtime from 3.38 to 3.36? It doesn't seem
you did, according to the error message you gave.

        "runtime": "org.gnome.Platform",
-       "runtime-version": "3.38",
+       "runtime-version": "3.36",
        "sdk": "org.gnome.Sdk",

Yes, changed all 3 appearances of 3.38 to 3.36

And as of the writing of this email, I can find the appropriate
CMakeLists.txt file to disable canberra..

Would you point me in the right direction, please?

You do not need it. The error message tells you what to do:

Necessary libraries not found or not enough version.  If you want
to disable Canberra-GTK for sound in evolution-alarm-notify, please
use -DENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF argument to cmake command.

That's where I start getting lost. The json file has no reference to
evolution-alarm-notify

Specifically the last line. I hope so, at least. It's harder to find
where to write it in the Flatpak manifest, no doubt. The place is
here:

   "config-opts": [
+       "-DENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF",
        "-DDBUS_SERVICES_PREFIX=org.gnome.Evolution",
        "-DENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=fcntl",
        "-DENABLE_DOT_LOCKING=OFF",

So there is a config-opts for each module. I tried putting the line in
both the libcanberra module and the evolution-data-server config-opts.

Neither location prevents the download attempt for the libcanberra repo
which results in the "fatal: dumb http transport does not support
shallow capabilities" error.

I suggest to start from scratch. Do `ls -la` in the directory you
build the Flatpak application in and remove all the directories there
(there's one hidden too). Remove also the json file. Or remove the
build directory all together.

In case you'll still see the problem with the libcanberra and runtime
3.38 I suggest to change to the 3.36 runtime (as shown at the very op
of this message). Do delete the build folders (`ls -la`) after the
runtime change, to avoid using the old/obsolete build artifacts.

Even after removing the entire working directory ~/flatpak, downloading
the json file and making all the edits to change to 3.36 and
DENABLE_CANBERRA=OFF, the system tries to git the canberra repo
resulting in the aforementioned error before the build even starts.

So it appears that flatpak-builder attempts to pull all the module
repos first, as removing the module declaration from the json file does
indeed skip the pull of the canberra repo and allow the build to
proceed.

As I write this, a gnome-3.36 base version is building.  Once it
finishes, I'll see if making the same set of changes will allow a 3.38
version to build as well.

Thanks for the assist. Guess I need to take some time to delve deeper
into flatpak.

Mike