Re: [Evolution] Mail merge?

On Sat, 2020-10-10 at 00:06 +1300, gnome via evolution-list wrote:
On Fri, 2020-10-09 at 11:59 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Have just installed Evolution version 3.30.5-1.1 (the default in
Devuan).

That's several years old.

Not a programmer nor do I maintain any of this. I just use Devuan
because it works without the issues that some other systems provide :)

As per the subject, I am scratching my head on sending emails as
"mail
merge" - this is where I can put multiple addresses in the "to"
field,
send, and a little bit of behind-the-scenes magic means that each
recipient gets ONLY their address, they don't get other people's
addresses.

You mean BCC?

No I mean mail merge - each email is TO the person receiving it rather
than a BCC which often trips spam filters. Your email is to you, not to
someone else and BCC to you but only to you.

Evolution is a mail user agent (MUA), not a mail management system
(mass mailer, mailing list manager, etc.). The standard interpretation
of the TO header is that each recipient gets a copy of the whole
message, including the TO header itself. I've never used an MUA that
does what you suggest (perhaps Thunderbird is an exception).

poc