Re: [Evolution] Mail merge?

On Fri, 2020-10-09 at 13:15 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2020-10-10 at 00:06 +1300, gnome via evolution-list wrote:
You mean BCC?

No I mean mail merge - each email is TO the person receiving it
rather
than a BCC which often trips spam filters. Your email is to you,
not to
someone else and BCC to you but only to you.

It's because of the spam filter issue that I started using a merge
some
years back.

Nothing that I am aware of, plus it sounds like yet another
workaround
for an existing and established solution (BCC).

BCC has a nasty tendency to get your mail server appearing in spam
filter blacklists last I checked.

BCC doesn't let you customise other things like Mail Merge does
(starting from simple stuff like adding in the person's first name).

BCC requires you to send to "someone" and add in others as if they're
an afterthought, Mail Merge makes it appear as if the email is directed
at a specific person (unless you mention otherwise).

BCC sends the same thing to everyone, MM lets you customise each
message at least to some degree. This is helpful in both personal and
commercial settings, especially when you're wanting to add a
professional touch to emails.

BCC is kinda almost like mail merge, but it's like BCC is a newborn
baby whereas Mail Merge is well along the way to being an adult. It's a
feature I am quite surprised seems to be missing from Evolution given
Evolution is supposed to be a fairly mature and professional program.

(Forgive me, it's been a very long day starting at 6am yesterday and no
nearly 1am today, I should quit while I'm only just a little bit behind
:) )