Re: [Evolution] question regarding use

On Tue, 2020-03-10 at 14:42 -0700, ARLENE B via evolution-list wrote:
What I want to know is, why the hell, after I click to 'view' the email (I am not
clicking to open it, just seeing it in the view pane), does it
sometimes DISAPPEAR on me.

Hi,

this is most likely a combination of 2 things. You have got "Mark
messages as read..." checked.

Edit > Preferences > Mail Preferences > Tab: General >
[ ] Mark messages read after n seconds

And in Evolutions search bar you selected "Show: Unread Messages".

Solution:

Uncheck "Mark messages as read..." and/or select "Show: All Messages".

I also notice too many are ending up in the 'spam' folder. Is this
because I am deleting them and not viewing the entire email?

No it isn't because you are deleting them without viewing the entire
mail.

Which spam filter software do you use? Take a look at

Edit > Preferences > Mail Preferences > Tab: Junk >
Junk filtering software: ...

Loosely speaking:

If you select "Bogofilter", you alone are responsible for the filtered
mails. It only will sort out mails you trained it to sort out. This is
what I'm using successfully since decades and IMO what should be used on
client site.

If you select "SpamAssasin", then it does use blacklists
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System-based_Blackhole_List .
Black list could be helpful for servers, but they suffer very much from
false positives.

Regards,
Ralf