[Evolution] question regarding use

While you all are obviously very smart folks using evolution, I am not.
So most of the help and tips are beyond my understanding. What I want
to know is, why the hell, after I click to 'view' the email (I am not
clicking to open it, just seeing it in the view pane), does it
sometimes DISAPPEAR on me. And apparently, the CTL+Z does not restore
it? It is very irritating, as I get 100s of email a day, and have to
quickly go through them to preview and delete. I also notice too many
are ending up in the 'spam' folder. Is this because I am deleting them
and not viewing the entire email? Some simple answers will help!
Thanks,
Arlene in Arizona