Re: [Evolution] Setting the sender account for a mail composer window started from the command line

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 16:27 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
I probably should not create text files directly in
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Outbox/cur/
as I have no idea how to create message-id headers etc.

        Hi,
correct, you should place them into the 'new' directory instead.

I'd suggest you to create one "template", aka a message with predefined
values and structure you'd like to use, then set Evolution offline or
switch it to send messages through Outbox and then "send" the message,
after which you'll save the "template" message from the Outbox folder
to an .mbox file and delete it from the Outbox. You can then edit the
parts as needed, just make sure the Message-ID contains a "world-wide
unique value". One of my latest sent messages shows this:
for the second and so on. There are servers sensitive on the Message-ID
(notably Google), which is the reason why the ID should be "world-wide
unique" (or "globally unique"). (The 'redhat.com' is derived from my
(sender's) address, not from the server address - there was a bug
request to do that). All the other values are local to the message
(like the boundaries, which you do not need to change).

One would suggest to not use Outbox but Drafts instead, but saving to
Drafts contains a lot of Evolution-specific HTML code, which you surely
do not want to share with the recipients. Sending through Outbox will
clean up the message significantly.

I'm aware that I can create a mail composer window via
   evolution "mailto:foo example com?subject=ABC&body=Hi"
but is there a way to define the sender account being used?
Currently it seems to always set my default mail account.

Right, it uses the default account. The code knows only a few
parameters of the mailto: and there is no way to change the From
account there [1].
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/blob/master/src/composer/e-msg-composer.c#L4900