Re: [Evolution] LDAP

Hi Adam,

I have tried all 3 of the options. Anything but No Encryption I get an error: No TLS Available. with no encryption I do get any error just get no results.

On Thunderbird I have use SSL as unchecked. Is any way I can see what is happening on LDAP server connection and look up.

Since you can not see the screen shots below is how I have set it up.

On Evolution I have following setup:

Server Information:
Server: zimbra-ldap.spearsmanufacturing.net (same on Thunderbird)
Port: 389 (same on Thunderbird)
Encryption: None (on Thunderbird 'Use secure connection' box is unchecked)

Authentication:
Using Distinguished Name (DN)
Username: uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra (On Thunderbird this is called bind DN

Searching:
Search Base: ou=people,dc=spearsmanufacturing,dc=net (On Thunderbird this is called Base DN)
Search Scope: One Level (On Thunderbird this check box between One level (checked) or Subtree
Search Filter: (objectclass=zimbraAccount) (Same on Thunderbird)

Downloading: 999 (Same on Thunderbird)

Thunderbird has an option for login method set to Simple.

Thanks you time and help,

Ron

--

Ron Tidwell

Spears Manufacturing Co.

Phone: 818 364-1611 x4274

Email: RTidwell spearsmfg net

Email: ron tidwell spearsmanufacturing net

Billions of electrons were temporarily bothered but NO trees were hurt sending this E-Mail.