From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] LDAP
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:32:32 -0500

On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 13:44 +0000, Ronald Tidwell @CA wrote:

I am using evolution 3.28.5 (3.28.5-5.el7) on centos 7. I am trying
to Zimbra Mail server (8.8.15_GA_3895.Network Jan 2, 2020) for
contacts. I can't get debugging to work all it tells me 'The
connection is closed'. I have this working with Thunderbird and the
Zimbra client and ldapsearch works and finds the contacts, but need
to get it working in Evolution. I have attached screen shots from
Thunderbird and Evolution

I would suspect - having no other information - that you have the
encryption of the connection configured incorrectly in Evolution.