Re: [Evolution] HTML email problem

On 2020-01-07 at 08:05 -0500, Joe Wade Pulley wrote:
Thanks for figuring out the problem, but the sed command doesn't work
for me.

I don't have anything with a .evolution in its name.

Inside cur/ is a file
1578136602.6469_0.<my computer name>:2,S

Sorry, I didn't realize that such 'evolution' was my local hostname.

If I apply your sed command to that file it does indeed fix it, but I'm
not familiar enough with sed to know how to make it find all the
occurrences in each folder recursively in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/
in each email and apply the fix.

Did I do something incorrectly when I set up evolution that gave me
this file structure instead of what you expected?

No. Your setup right. I just made the matching too strict.

The command should be relatively safe, but I still didn't want to make
that to too broad.

You could apply it to all emails inside
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ with the command:

find ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ -type f -name \*:2,\* -exec sed -i  '0,/^$/ { s!^Content-Type:
multipart/alternate!Content-Type: multipart/alternative! }' \{\} +

If you imported your pst into a specific route, you don't need to search
on the whole ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/

The sed is simply looking at the headers of each mail and replacing
multipart/alternate into multipart/alternative in the Content-Type:
header.

Best regards