Re: [Evolution] Stuck on fetching POP3 mail, how to debug?

On 8/25/20 1:37 AM, Martin Wagner wrote:
Hey there again, back on topic: Just now it happened again. Sadly the
logfile (generated by "CAMEL_DEBUG=pop3 evolution >& logfile") doesn't
show any hint for me. It just stopped mid-sentence:

/build/evolution-data-server-R_OWch/evolution-data-server-
3.36.4/src/camel/providers/pop3/camel-pop3-folde

To me that looks like the Evolution debug output is not line-buffered and isn't flushed after every message. There's probably more information in the C stdio buffer.

You might want to experiment with using the "stdbuf" command-line program. It can adjust the C stdio buffer settngs. Read its man page.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil