[Evolution] Entries from larger WebDAV address book not showing up

Hello everyone,

one of my CardDAV address books (~1000 contacts) doesn't work properly with evolution. I have turned on CARDDAV_DEBUG=all and it seem that all the cards are downloaded, but when the sync is done, nothing shows up in evolution. There is another small address book (< 10 entries) on the same server, which syncs fine. Both are also synced to my phone using DAVx5 without problems. I am running Evolution 3.36.4-0ubuntu1, server is on Horde 5.2.22. Any idea how I can debug this further?

Thanks
felix