Re: [Evolution] Evolution Editor needs serious attention

On Thu, 2020-08-20 at 22:08 +0200, Ángel wrote:

I agree that UNDO sometimes doesn't work properly. However, when I paste
some text I don't think it ever placed it somewhere else than the place
the cursor was at. Similarly, no problem inserting signatures. Are you
perhaps using the signature delimiter ("-- ", see RFC 3676) in the
middle of your body text? That might confuse evolution, as it would
think that everything below that signature marker is a signature, which
it would then replace with the new signature (or no signature at all if
changing to that).

I experience the mis-placed paste quite often - though I have always considered it a very minor issue and
never given thought to the reason for it.
Usually I get text pasted into the signature when I expected it to be in the body. I will try and give some
attention to this and perhaps feedback to the list if I can work out a repeatable scenario!

Keep up the good work on Evolution - I have used it for a long time and find it has many advantages
(especially in the address book and calendar as I use CalDAV & CardDAV).

Neil.