Re: [Evolution] Subject: forward email by filter rule failed

On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 18:22 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
the forwarding is done by the freenet smtp-server, but I like to
switch to anoter account to do so. How could I do?

        Hi,
Evolution is supposed to pick the right account for you, only if cannot
determine by some rules, it can pick the default account. If I
understand it correctly, then it still misbehaves for you, even with
the current stable sources. That's bad. I'm wondering whether the
message was set to a recipient address, which you've set on the other
account. I consider it unlikely.

You can use Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->Send Account, to
override what account should be used for which folder/recipient.
Eventually, in the folder Properties, to make it easier for per-folder
overrides.

(I did not found a 'default setting' in account settings... or wait!
Is it 'Vorgabe' (German)?

Do not know. You can try:

   $ LANG=C.utf-8 flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

to run in the build-in locale.

Anyway, in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts, there are four buttons on
the right at the top. The fourth is the "Default" button. The default
account has a "Default" check mark in front of its Type in the list of
the accounts.

There is a check mark allocated to 'auf diesem Rechner' (German),
means local on this computer. What are the consequences to set this
mark on another account?

It's the default account, thus when cannot pick any better, Evolution
use that one. That can be when composing new message, replying,
forwarding and such similar actions.

By the way, thanks for trying the latest version. I appreciate that.

        Bye,
        Milan