Re: [Evolution] Subject: forward email by filter rule failed

On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 14:22 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
Does the flatpak use the same folder for the settings as the version
provided by the Linux distribution (~/config/evolution) in order to
use my settings and accounts like they are?

        Hi,
as had been said several times on this list, the Flatpak version runs
in an isolated sandbox, it doesn't run on the host as the installed
version from a package provided by the distribution. The sandbox has
its pros and cons and you may decide whether it works well in your use
case. The path for the files is similar, but in the sandbox, not from
the host system.

You can create a backup of your setup in the host system and restore it
in the Flatpak version. These two can work side by side, they only
cannot be run at the same time and they do not share any data
(remember, it's in the sandbox). You do not do anything to your host
system Evolution by installing the Flatpak version, the most your
desktop environment may run the Flatpak version from the GUI (you can
see in Help->About, which of the two you are running), if installed.
You get better answers about the Flatpak technology on their site, my
knowledge of it is rather limited.

Hope it helps.

        Bye,
        Milan