Re: [Evolution] Subject: forward email by filter rule failed

Am Mittwoch, den 22.04.2020, 12:56 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha via
evolution-list:
On Wed, 2020-04-22 at 10:34 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
But as MAIL FROM adress the expected sender is used (which is
different from 'SEnding with server', Thus authentication failed:

        [SMTP] sending: MAIL FROM:<myname vivaldi net>
        [SMTP] received: 553 Incorrect authentication data.
        [SMTP] sending: QUIT

As a result only forwarding messages by filter rule which origins
from the freenet account are successful.

      Hi,
your version is very old (two years means a lot even for Evolution).

I decided to stay on the distribution's version, because building from
source failed and the flatpak took too much space.

It's possible it had been fixed meanwhile, though I cannot find the
exact commit by a naive search in the NEWS files. I recall a similar
bug, but I do not know when, or whether at all, it had been fixed.
Testing on the current stable (it's 3.36.1 at the moment), might be a
good idea.
I did not find it by search, but it was in January 2020 (my mail
archive told me).

Nonetheless, I suppose the freenet account is the default account (as
can be seen in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts), while the vivaldi
account is not.

There is no indicator, which account is the default account (or I do
not find it).

Is the forwarded message received in a folder, which is
dedicated to the vivaldi account (being it IMAP, then in its IMAP
folder, possibly Inbox)

yes, in the inbox of the IMAP vivaldi account

, or it's in a folder of another account (or On
This Computer)? These things play a role in the way of the send
account
guess. If I'm not mistaken, you might get preselected the same From
account when replying "manually" to the message from the same folder
(aka the one before filtering it).
Even I do some filter actions to sort incoming messages in the vivaldi
inbox folder, it's never active for incoming freenet emails.

I hope that helps to understand/identify the issue.
      Bye,
      Milan