Re: [Evolution] How to set the default text color

On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 20:52 +0200, Gary Curtin wrote:
On 16/08/2019 19:02, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list wrote:
No, it isn't. You should expect that a lot of FreeBSD and Linux users
don't use a GUI MUA at all. Even some Evolution users might be in favour
of Evolutions option "Show plain text if present or HTML source".
I don't claim that nobody cares about HTML. A lot of people display HTML
formatted mails, but you can't rely on it and you should be aware that
they don't look the same on all computers.

Yes it is. You are presuming that the global majority are using
unformatted text. There may be a few FreeBSD and Linux users not using a
GUI, but how can you think they are setting the trend and that this is
where 21st century messaging is at? 2019 is all about dynamic content,
not plain text.

No-one is using Evolution outside of a GUI, for obvious reasons, yet
many people on this list (including myself) have a strong preference
for plain-text email and tend to ignore the HTML version where
possible. I know we are a minority. (We also don't like top-posting and
we're in a minority on that front as well, but there are well-founded
reasons for this and we're not going to give them up any time soon.)

Whatever the case, it is commendable that Greg want's to assure that his
messages are going to be effortlessly formatted when using Evolution. It
is quite something for you to tell him that he shouldn't expect his
recipients to "care about the HTML formatting at all."

I would agree with that. I think Evo has to accommodate itself to user
expectations where practical.

poc