Re: [Evolution] Could not open the link

On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 11:54 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 08:55 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
or for newer systems

 gio mime x-scheme-handler/http

from that you should be able to see the available handlers. You set it
to what you want with

Thanks Pete. As a non-Gnome user I'm continually astonished at Gnome's
ability to keep moving the goalposts regarding settings. I had no idea
this thing even existed. A glance at the man page tells me: "gio is a
utility that makes many of the GIO features available from the
commandline", which tells me precisely nothing.

        Hi,
maybe because this comes even lower than to gio, as the more generic
tool is xdg-mime, which has similar arguments as gio tool.

Note there is also x-scheme-handler/https (appended 's' at the end).

What Pete suggested is also good, it helps to verify that also gio/gvfs
understands the settings. I wouldn't be surprised if other than GNOME
environments would be able to influence the behaviour through their UI
settings these days, especially when they use xdg under the hood.

The Gnome devels seem to live in their own world detached from the rest of the
universe (I'm exempting Milan of course :-)

Nah, the devels are aaaall the same :)
        Bye,
        Milan