[Evolution] recovering "On This Computer"

I had a glitch that trashed my email config after getting everything
reconfigured the local.source points to the right place
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local

When I bring up evolution I get the right folder tree - but all folders
are empty

But when I go to ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
there is a whole tree of files loosely as expected with individual
files containing emails only they are not showing up in evolution

Any idea how I fix this ?