Re: [Evolution] recovering "On This Computer"

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 02:29 -0400, Adam Smith wrote:
I had a glitch that trashed my email config after getting everything
reconfigured the local.source points to the right place
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local

When I bring up evolution I get the right folder tree - but all
folders
are empty

But when I go to ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
there is a whole tree of files loosely as expected with individual
files containing emails only they are not showing up in evolution

        Hi,
did evolution version changed? Which was it?

You can try to remove
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/folders.db
which will cause evolution to rescan the folders.

Note that directories of the Maildir structure start with a dot, thus
for example On This Computer/Drafts in UI corresponds to
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Drafts/
Regular directories (those without leading dot) can be a leftover from
the mbox era.

There is also special file:
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/..maildir++
which is used to know whether the account already migrated.

Always be careful and make copy of the
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
before doing anything from above, to have a copy to return to, if
anything breaks or simply doesn't work the way it should.
        Bye,
        Milan