Re: [Evolution] Setting up IMAP

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 22:05 +0000, Dominic Knight wrote:
My advice is let IMAP be IMAP, use it as IMAP, and be happy.

Or indeed yes, maybe not the _intended_ use of IMAP but I do it here,
copying everything into local folders and deleting off the server as it
does so. Just how I prefer it I guess.

create filters based on mails dropping into your inbox so they go into
a folder or several on your local inbox after arrival.

My (rather awkward) situation is this. Over the years I have accumulated about
half a million messages sorted into about 180 folders on my local machine.  Now
superimposed on this are all the messages arriving in the last few days sorted
according to different criteria.  A few simple questions:
 * Are messages arriving via IMAP sorted according to local filters.  It seems
   that some are and some are not.  In particular messages on the Evolution list
   go to my local evolution folder, but that messages on the Fedora list are
   not.  Where is a quick primer on IMAP filtering in Evolution.
 * When (if) I get POP running again will all the messages on my mail server be
   downloaded and sorted into the proper local folders?  If not all, which ones?
    Is there some way to force all messages to be downloaded and deleted from
   the server?

Many Thanks - jon