Re: [Evolution] Setting up IMAP

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 19:26 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
 * Are messages arriving via IMAP sorted according to local filters.  It seems
   that some are and some are not.  In particular messages on the Evolution list
   go to my local evolution folder, but that messages on the Fedora list are
   not.  Where is a quick primer on IMAP filtering in Evolution.

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters-not-working.html

 * When (if) I get POP running again will all the messages on my mail server be
   downloaded and sorted into the proper local folders?  If not all, which ones?

Depends on the criteria, actions, order defined in your mail filters.

    Is there some way to force all messages to be downloaded and deleted from
   the server?

Why would you want to delete messages from your IMAP server?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/