Re: [Evolution] Setting up IMAP

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 16:29 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Quoting Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh pacbell net>:
I have just switched my email server from POP (inbound.att.net) to
IMAP
(imap.mail.att.net), as indicated in my last posting) and need
help
setting up
IMAP.  I would like the IMAP connection to run roughly like the
POP
connection in at least these ways:
 * Messages are received from all folders of my account

Standard IMAP behaviour.

 * Messages are deleted from the server when downloaded

Nope, that is not IMAP.  Not doing that is the point of IMAP.  If
you
want that you are going to need to fetchmail to a maildir hierarchy
-
or something else wizardly.

My advice is let IMAP be IMAP, use it as IMAP, and be happy.

Or indeed yes, maybe not the _intended_ use of IMAP but I do it here,
copying everything into local folders and deleting off the server as it
does so. Just how I prefer it I guess.

create filters based on mails dropping into your inbox so they go into
a folder or several on your local inbox after arrival.

Cheers, Dom.

 * Composed messages are copied to my local "Sent" folder when
sent
or to other
   local folders as indicated in the sent message filters.

Where to save the sent folder is a preference of the mail account;
that can be local or remote - you just pick it.

Also, more generally, what do the various options shown on the
    Edit->Preferences->(Account)->Edit->Receiving Email
popup mean?

I do not understand the question.