Re: [Evolution] Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed out

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 12:14 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
(evolution:3137): camel-pop3-provider-WARNING **: Bad server
response: .+OK server signing off

        Hi,
so the server signed off, either on its own or evolution(-data-server)
told it to do it for whatever reason (possibly multithreading
involved).

If I read this thread properly then this is all about Yahoo! servers
(and its derivatives). Thinking of Yahoo!'s not so recent idea to force
use of OAuth2 instead of plain authentication might be possibly
related. I know, Claws mail works properly, what so ever. I do not know
what evolution(-data-server) would do differently here, and why only
Yahoo! servers would be affected.

The web UI has an option to allow access to "less secure applications",
which means that you let use the plain authentication, instead of
OAuth2, for the 3rd-party applications connecting to the server.

I have configured a Yahoo! account and I connect to it daily, using
IMAP, and even it had issues in the past, they were usually related to
Yahoo! server as such, not to the evolution(-data-server)
implementation. On the other hand, I have only one Yahoo! account, not
multiple.
        Bye,
        Milan