Re: [Evolution] open

In your case use the already mentioned gdb. In some other cases strace
could be very helpful. This are at least the only two programs I ever
needed to use for bug reports. I heard that valgrind is used a lot, too,
but a developer never asked me to run it.

Here's a not that good overview, however, ignoring the Arch related
pacman hint, it at least gives terms you could use to google:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Step-by-step_debugging_guide

Actually you don't need to google, since all instructions how to use gdb
already were given ;).