Re: [Evolution] open

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:47:25 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
This is getting a bit off topic ....

Not my fault, actually I replied to

"On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 21:38:46 +0200, Gottfried wrote:

        You need to run Evolution from the command line and see if any
        errors are produced there.

    How does that work?"

with this main statement:

"Open a terminal and run

  evolution"

A "FWIW" additional information followed.

No, Andre is right. There is no ~/.xsession-errors on Fedora 27 (which
the OP is using)

Andre didn't mention that Fedora doesn't use it. I wasn't aware of it,
since I simply don't use Fedora.

And THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO RANT ABOUT SYSTEMD.

Nobody did, right? So why do you shout? They also ban developers from
other mailing lists for shouting, especially if there is absolutely no
reason to do this.

As an Arch Linux users for many years, I much likely was one of the
first users subscribed to this mailing list using systemd. There's no
relationship between using Wayland or X, the ~/.xsession-errors file
and systemd's journal.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pgrep -a systemd
1 /sbin/init
231 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journald