Re: [Evolution] open

On Thu, 2017-12-28 at 20:33 +0200, Gottfried wrote:
I am on Fedora as OS and use the 3.26.1 version of Evolution.

Update Fedora, Evolution should be on 3.26.3 on F27. It won't solve
your problem, but you should keep a dynamic OS like Fedora up to date.

(And don't top post on this mailing list - people don't like it)

I used the back-up on a different PC and it worked out the same way. By
my comments you know that I don't know much. I suspect, that I
unintentionally saved a wrong password. I never save passwords but then
again, I type sometimes faster than I think... Sorry.

Is there a way I could delete that password? Any backdoor?

If you the menus still work you can do Edit -> Preferences -> Mail
Accounts -> (select account) -> Edit -> Receiving E-mail  and then
click on "Forget password".  Evolution will always remember what ever
password you type in, otherwise you would be typing it every few
minutes.

But I suspect that's not the problem - if it were the wrong password
the login would fail and you would be prompted for the password.

You need to run Evolution from the command line and see if any errors
are produced there.

Did you do as Patrick suggested and create a new *Linux* user, login in
as that new user and configure Evolution? Does Evolution work then?

P.