Re: [Evolution] open

Hi Gottfried,

On Fri, 2017-12-29 at 15:32 +0200, Gottfried wrote:
Could it be a problem though, that evolution, thunderbird and clawsmail
in one system don't like each other? or may just two of them.

Extremely unlikely, and wild guessing won't help debugging anything.

The worst side of the problem is that I don't find warnings or comments
or anything indicating any error.

As mentioned several times now, we need debug output from you.

It sounds like Evolution "hangs" (does not respond to anything in the
user interface anymore) but does not "crash" (the application window
vanishes unexpectedly).

Please make sure that "gdb" is installed. Then open a Terminal window.
Then enter the command "gdb evolution". At the next prompt, enter the
command "run". Then make Evolution hang. Then enter the command "thread
apply all bt full".
Then post the *complete* output of *all* those steps somewhere.

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net