Re: [Evolution] Sort so un-read messages come to the top?

On Sun, 2017-12-24 at 09:07 +1300, M wrote:
Does it support having unread messages stay at the top of the window
where you can see, so that you can remember they're there if you
defer acting on them till later (perhaps say the end of the day when
your other jobs are finished), or must you hide them in other folders
where you can't see them and have a chance to forget them all
together?

See the links I provided in my previous message.
Answer to your first question: No, not supported.
Answer to your second question ("or must you hide them"): Also no.

Why not have a simple option to sort by unread?

Because there already is a simple option to see all unread messages in
a folder. No need for any complicated "sorting" involved.

Evolution is better than most other clients on most respects, however
this one can be a deal-breaker for many people.

Citation needed. Hence no, I do not think so.

Yes, they are workarounds, and they give windoze nutters a chance to
point at Linux and say how bad it still is at doing basic tasks like
email management. And it prevents Evolution from doing a simple
common unread-then-date. instead it makes E do unread messages all
over the place and trying to find stuff that came in today is
difficult because that too is all over the place.

If you don't like unread messages all over the place, use a search
folder to see all unread messages in one single place.
See the links I provided in my previous message.

You have to remember that not every one wants to spend a couple of
hours a day fucking around with trying to figure out what folder
their email has gone into next when other mail programs can do this
with a couple of clicks and done.

That's why Evolution offers many options to organize / search mail.

TB is 2 clicks on the date field (to set date sorting as 1st priority
and set the order to latest-first (for those who prefer newest at the
bottom it's just the one click) then two clicks on the read/unread
field to sort by that first (demoting date to 2nd sort order), again
first to set the priority and second to change the
ascending/descending.

Evolution is 2 clicks on the dropdown in the Search bar to set "Unread
Messages". Or 1 click to go to the "Unread" Search folder in the folder
bar on the left, once it's set up.

Cheers,
andre
--