Re: [Evolution] Replying to email inserting previous reply

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 2:10 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 12:04 -0500, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver greg gmail com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Next email in thread, I hit reply all - Evolution is adding the
> > reply I just sent in the previous email above everything (not
> > quoted like my reply style is set to) as a reply to this new reply
> > automatically.

        Hi,
I think what you face is a problem with quotation of HTML messages,
where the HTML part could sometimes be mispositioned. This is addressed
in 3.22.0+, as part of the switch to WebKit2.

> Oh yes, and one weird thing I neglected to mention is that when
> evolution does this, and I close the email, it does not prompt to
> discard or save as usual when closing a partially composed email.  It
> just happily closes like a blank email with no typing in it so far.

It asks for "discard changes" only if anything changed by the user. The
prefill of the message on forward/reply doesn't qualify as user's
change. Imagine you accidentally press Ctrl+R, then you can just press
Escape and the composer will happily close, because nothing changed,
instead of forcing you to do one more action after the accidental key
press.
        Bye,
        Milan

Hmmm, is that going to require a full gnome upgrade to rawhide, or just webkit?  I may go back to F23 until F25 - this is really frustrating :)