Re: [Evolution] More authentication headaches

On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 14:16 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 11:14 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I just tried it but it didn't work:

      Hi,
okay, then I'm wrong with my expectations here. I'm sorry. Once you try
to close the last opened evolution window (including the composer and
other editors), then this last window will get gray and that's the time
when the next "x" button click opens the question about "Keep
running"|"Close immediately".

As I say, that's not happening for me.

It's KDE for you, if I recall correctly, right?

Correct. With the latest Plasma updates (I update every morning, but
only from the stable repos).

Hoping I can send this without further adventures ...

Same here. I configured a Gmail account in a fresh up-to-date Fedora 24
with the latest evolution packages (3.20.5), just as you have (plus the
updated eds which really fails with calendar for a yet unknown reason
to me) and I see in the IMAPx log that an old connection to the server
works fine, but when it tries to create a new connection, then it fails
like here:

[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00011 OK Success'
[imapx:B] I/O: '* OK Gimap ready for requests from ...'
[imapx:B] I/O: 'B00012 CAPABILITY'
[imapx:B] I/O: '* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA
     ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 XYZZY SASL-IR AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=PLAIN
     AUTH=PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN AUTH=OAUTHBEARER AUTH=XOAUTH
     B00012 OK Thats all she wrote! ...'
[imapx:B] I/O: 'B00013 AUTHENTICATE XOAUTH2'
[imapx:B] I/O: '+ '
[imapx:B] I/O: 'dXNlcj1...'
[imapx:B] I/O: ''
[imapx:B] I/O: '+ eyJzdGF...'
[imapx:B] I/O: ''
[imapx:B] I/O: 'B00013 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)'
[imapx:B] I/O: ''
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00014 NOOP'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00014 OK Success'

The same problem might be with the SMTP, using outdated token. I have
SMTP logging disabled right now, thus I cannot confirm it.

Very possible. Today I've been frequently asked to re-authenticate when
sending mail, but not every time, so it may be a timeout issue.

In any case, I'll address it for 3.22.1. Thanks for your help with
this.

OK, cheers.

poc