Re: [Evolution] More authentication headaches

On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 18:46 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I then fired up Evo again and created new mail accounts. I noticed
that after creating my Gmail account (using the Evo wizard with the
default settings) I was not asked for the password, but the account
loaded anyway.

        Hi,
it found the token in the keyring from the earlier time. Seahorse helps
to find it and eventually delete it, but I do not know whether I would
do it, because your test as a new user does pretty much the same.

However after a while Evo started saying:

Failed to connect 'Gmail'
HTTP Error: Unauthorized

The 'after a while' is an important detail for me. Does it also mean
that the email works for say an hour, then it starts failing? By the
way, is this error returned from the mail part or the calendar part?
You can try to log something from the mail with:
   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution
Search for the LOGIN command failure, which may eventually show also a
reason given by the Gmail server.

Furthermore, my Google calendar (which *did* ask for the password
first time round) simply doesn't load. Sometimes the same error
message as above, sometimes not, but no calendar entries in either
case.

To debug the calendar part run:
   $ CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
then wait a bit (few seconds), thus the service is known to D-Bus, and
then open the evolution/calendar. Apart of a raw communication between
the client and the server, it also shows how many items are in the
cache and other CalDAV related information (the lines are usually
prefixed or contain 'CalDAV' string).

Usual procedure after load is that the CalDAV calendar checks for ctag
and if it doesn't match the one stored in
~/.cache/evolution/calendar/...
then it checks for changes, otherwise it does nothing. Could you try to
create an event in your main Google calendar, then right-click the
calendar and pick 'Refresh' from the context menu? The log will show a
PUT request, immediately followed by a GET request, then (as a response
for the Refresh) it will show the ctag check, which should change, due
to added event.
        Bye,
        Milan